Friday, April 8, 2016

EPiServer: Your changes in code won't take effect?! Check the F@#king Version in your branches!


Yesterday I had a lot to do and therefore I had to switch between a lot of different branches. When I was working on one of my tasks I've found out that my changes doesn't take effect on EpiServer. To be more specific, I had a field with a UIHint before, then my UIHint didn't cause any behavior in the UI! It has been changed to a simple short string field.

To find the problem I tried adding a new property, but surprisingly my new field didn't even show up. So I thought maybe something is wrong with my web-server, temp files or etc. I tried restarting my IIS, deleting my temp files everywhere and then restarting IIS again, and after all restarting my windows! But none of them worked!


But again I've got surprised since even restarting the windows didn't work for me. So I post a question on EpiServer and thanks to Per Gunsarfs I understand what was the problem.

It was pretty simple! Your changes won't take effect if there is a newer assembly version available!

I just needed to change my assembly version to the newest that we have. (right click on project> properties> application tab> assembly information button) or as I did, update your branch with the parent branch (or master) if it has been set to the latest.

Easy? Right?! But just if you know it!

30 comments:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so i suppose im lucky to have found this! I hope you will be adding more in the future...
    cs代写

    ReplyDelete
  2. replica raybans sunglasses, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replica raybans erika, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple business ideas can turn into successful apps with the best mobile app development company. Here are 7 tips on how to find the right one for your business. That will help you to grab big revenue. os.path.join

    ReplyDelete